Friday, October 31, 2008

Greystone Castle: Boo!



I've never dressed up for Halloween in NYC but this year I felt up to the challenge. The gumption came after being invited to Greystone Castle. Greystone has a party every year in upstate NYC that is deemed the Spookiest Day Halloween Party of the year! Its family friendly and the Castle is nestled amongst a forest alongside the Hudson. 

At first I thought I'd be a Palmer girl but then I didn't feel confident enough in pulling off a black mini dress and heels for an entire afternoon. Next, I though I'd be Pocahontus but I changed my mind due to the cold and a poor summer tan. After an hour it finally hit me. "I need not think twice about my outfit! I'll be Ugly Betty!"

I Styled the best Ugly Betty outfit using my own clothes and showed up at Greystone Castle with Wendy the Robot in full effect. People actually asked to take photos with us.

The Castle was decorated to the tee and the spread of libations and candy was too much. I think I stayed in the "Sweets Room" for well over an hour; the consistent flow of bon-bons and lattes sucked me in.

Towards the end of the party, I actually met someone tho knows Ana [Hilda on Ugly Betty] and America Ferrera [Ugly Betty]. She noted my resemblance to Ugly as "uncanny." I gave her my email address and said to pass it along. Maybe they might need a stand in sometime soon.

xo

No comments: