Monday, November 10, 2008

Become Your Dream: De La Vega


Yesterday my neighbor Joshua and I spent an afternoon in the East Village. Nothing too big. Just time, cappuccino, a red pepper quiche and good seats at a cafe on 10th & 1st. 

On our way to the cafe we ran across a mattress on the side of the road with simple graffiti graphics on its backside. Joshua noted it as a "De La Vega".

I'd never heard of De La Vega nor of his outstanding works in NYC. I looked up his website this morning. Take a look here

I dig his work and I especially like this quote of his:

"The pressure of survival in the big city will make you lose sight of your dream...hang in there."

xo

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Mo,
I like that De La Vega quote--and his work. I passed by his store in the East Village about a million times when I lived around there and never really knew what he's all about. Better late than never, I guess. Keep the blogs a comin'. Love ya.
Jenn