Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Robert Frank: Movement


The New York Times featured a photographer I'd never heard of this past week. His name is Robert Frank and his work is completely noteworthy.

The article covers Frank's published book, The Americans: a photographic chronicle of Frank's trip across America during the late 1950s.

After researching Frank and viewing his work, I find his eye enchanting, beyond dull. Many of this photographs have movement exuding and seem to capture mundane moments of life that deserve purple hearts due to their truthfulness.

Photography such as Frank's is inspiring. Oddly, it reminds me that fear is crouching at my door [waiting for me to extend an invitation for its company] and that I must move forward.

xo

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

miss you mo! josh and kari went to a movie about robert frank recently. eat a taquito or 2 for me. thanks.