Monday, December 22, 2008

Texas in 30 Days


I am in Texas. 
I feel super. 
Possibly better than super. 
I feel at home.

My last visit to Texas was Father's Day 2008. It was comprised of a familia celebration in San Antonio at a swanky hotel resort with a man made river you could float on every hour on the hour. There was even a pool side bar with margaritas flowing kin to the river Jordan. Bliss I say. BLISS.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm legitimately in Texas, writing this blog and taking in all its glory. Big trucks. Big malls. Lots of second helpings. Big Texas skies. And at that, its for the next 30 days. 

JB & Chris [my parents] are a sweet duo and boy do they know how to make a girl happy upon arrival. They greeted me with hugs at the airport and wouldn't let me touch my bags or carry a single item to the car. I didn't even have to tip them. Was this for real?

Our first stop after leaving Austin's airport was a trip to Lockhart Texas, home of wonderful Bar-B-Q. I ordered a chopped chicken sand which, Pops had a ham sand which and Mom had a chopped beef. We parked in the back parking lot of a local car wash and ate away. Lots of laughs were exchanged before we headed back on the road to Corpus Christi.

I've only been back for less than a day and it feels like forever. I feel good and calm. The stress of work and life and putting on layers of clothing are gone...at least for a while. 

Now...where is my breakfast taquito?

No comments: